Member Login


Do you need to be a member to book?

Non-members are welcome to book rooms at the VRC. Members do receive a discount on room rentals.

How do I confirm my booking?

A non-refundable deposit, damage deposit and a signed contract are required to confirm a booking. Full payment is due two weeks prior to the event.  The deposit for the Carver Room or Trophy Lounge is $500 (non-refundable) plus $250 damage deposit. The Harbour Room deposit is $1000 (non-refundable) plust $500 damage deposit.

What is the cancellation policy?

A group cancelling within eight weeks of the booking will be charged the full room rental and bar minimum. The non-refundable deposit will be held if a booked event is cancelled at any time.

What is included in the cost of the room rental?

  • Exclusive use of the room and adjoining deck/patio

  • Bartenders and support staff to manage the bar and facility

  • Use of the background PA system, including podium and wired microphone

  • Use / setup of tables & chairs

  • Regular cleaning services before and after the booking (additional charges may apply for extra cleaning / damage)

What size are your tables?

Banquet Round Tables – 60” (seat 8-10 people)
Banquet Rectangular Tables – 8’ x 30”, 6’ x 30”, 4’ x 30”
High Top Cocktail Tables – 30” Round, 42” High

What are the room capacities?

Due to fire regulations, the maximum capacity in the Carver Room or Trophy Lounge is 65 people. The maximum capacity in the Harbour Room is 185 and the maximum when booking both the Harbour Room and Trophy Lounge is 250.

What time do I get access to the room?

Weekend rentals begin at noon, weekday rentals start at 8:30 a.m., and weekday evening rentals begin at 5:00 p.m. Earlier access may be provided based on availability.

Who provides your catering services?

The VRC is proud to offer catering packages for all events.  All equipment and rentals needed for your food service including linen, plates, cutlery, etc. will be included in your package which is a seperate cost from your room rental and bar service.

May I do my own decorating?

You are welcome to do your own decoration in accordance with our decorating regulations.   Absolutely NO nails, tacks, staples or tape are to be used on the walls or ceilings for any purpose.  Hooks are situated around the top edge of the walls for hanging decorations.   All decorations must be approved by the Event Manager prior to installation and must be removed immediately after the event.

Do you have any AV Equipment and, if so, what are the rental fees?

  • Wireless microphone - $150

  • LCD Portable Projector & Screen for meetings - $375

  • Screen only - $100

  • Flip Chart - $30

How does the bar work?

The VRC is a fully licensed facility and offers full service bar. Bar service is available until 1:00 a.m. (12:00 a.m. on Sundays & holidays). The average bar price is $8.00 for local beer, wine, cider and highballs plus liquor taxes and gratuities. A bar minimum applies to all events wishing to offer beverage service.

Host Bar

Clients choosing to cover the cost of beverages for their guests can request a Host Bar. When doing so, the client can choose the items available for the evening. A running tab will be maintained throughout the event and an invoice will be sent to the client the following business day. The invoice will have a breakdown of all beverages purchased. All host tabs are subject to applicable taxes and a 15% service charge. Speak with our Food & Beverage Manager about host bar options.

Drink Tickets

The client will pre-determine which drinks apply (e.g. beer, wine, ciders and highballs) and will be responsible for distributing tickets. The bartender will record each drink ticket on a host tab.  Invoicing will be done the same way as a Host Tab.

Cash Bar

Guests may purchase any beverages from the full service bar. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex and cash.

Is there a cost for bar staff?

A bar minimum applies to each event rental with requested bar service. The rophy Lounge or Carver Room bar minimum is $500 Sunday to Thursday and $750 Friday or Saturday. The bar minimum in the Harbour Room is $750 Sunday to Thursday or $1,500 on Friday or Saturday. If the bar minimum is not met at the close of the event the difference will be added to the final event invoice.

May I bring in my own alcohol?

The VRC is a fully licensed facility and as such we provide all beverage service. NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL is permitted on site.

Do you charge a corkage fee?

If you would like to serve wine that is not on our regular menu our Food & Beverage Manager can work with you to order any specialty items you require.  There is a corkage fee of $35 per bottle + the cost of the wine + applicable taxes and 15% service charge.  Orders must be placed two weeks prior to the booking.  Guests are not able to bring the wine in themselves.

Are minors permitted on site?

Minors are permitted at the events which serve food.

Is there parking available?

Pay parking is in effect throughout Stanley Park.  Parking is available along the street in front of the clubhouse (meter is located to the east of the clubhouse ramp) or in the large public parking lot on the north side of Stanley Park Drive (near the Stanley Park Info Center).   During the summer months (April 1st - September 30th) the cost is $3.50 per hour or $13.00 per day, in effect from 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. During the winter months (October 1 - March 31) the cost is $2.50 per hour, or $7.00 per day, in effect from 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Click here to view a map of the parking areas near the Clubhouse. The VRC parking lot is reserved for member use only, and is a tow-away zone for all non-members, including guests. The VRC has a large loading zone, located at the end of the clubhouse ramp, for all supplier/catering deliveries.

What are Re:Sound Fees?

(Sound license for the use of music to accompany live events) In accordance with subsection 68(4) of the Copyright Act, the Copyright Board of Canada certifies the tariffs to be paid by users of sound recordings in canada.   The Vancouver Rowing Club is to collect and remit all tarrifs to Re:Sound.

What are SOCAN fees?

SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada) requires that the users of music obtain a SOCAN licence to perform, or authorize others to perform, copyright music in public. To ensure that the appropriate licence is in place, the policy of the Vancouver Rowing Clubis to collect and remit the required licence fee to SOCAN. Please note that the use of copyright music without a valid SOCAN licence may lead to a legal action for copyright infringement underthe Copyright Act of Canada in accordance with SOCAN Tariff No. 8.

How much are RE:Sound & SOCAN fees?

For events that include dancing and/or entertainment, the charge is $62.64 in the Trophy Lounge and Carver Room and $95.21 in the Harbour Room.   If the music is being used for background purposes only, the charge is $31.31 in the Trophy Lounge and Carver Room and $45.02 in the Harbour Room.   All charges are subject to 5% GST.